jueves, 8 de agosto de 2013

Let me invite you for dinner!



Easy and healthy! Splurge your self with a quick delicious meal. Bringing out the best in summer’s produce!

Like every Sunday I visited the local farmers market @DuPont circle, and I got amazed of the richness of the season! From tomatoes, peaches, blueberries, greens, scallions…. I was about to go crazy. I just wanted to buy everything, and start cooking right away. I'm not sure if the hot summer days @DC filled with vitamin D are making me so happy. But I must say that I feel more than lucky for been able to experience one year at this wonderful city.  Memories will always remind us of the happy times, the smells, the people, the music, the food, the laughs, the moments where you did something crazy, and at the end, it was worth it! I can’t explain you how much I have grown in this city and now that it is almost time to go back “the bitter sweet” emotion gets me. I’m sure this chapter will remain in my heart, as long as I can remember=) 

TOMATO SEASON IS HERE!!! MY FAB!!
 Now, time to cook! What do you need?

-      1 Portion of Salmon or any type of protein
-       Salad: baby spinach, red onions, cherry tomatoes, toasted hazelnuts, mushroom (sautéed in olive oil), roasted bell peppers, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese
-       Sherry vinegar vinaigrette: shallots, chives, honey, lime juice, sherry vinegar, and olive oil.





















What’s the secret for the perfect seared salmon?
The pan must be at a high heat with olive oil or vegetable oil. Try not to use butter, because it has a lower smoking point. When placing the salmon at the pan, always put the skin down first. This will help to cook the salmon evenly and will create a crunchier crust. Season with taste; don’t be scared of salt or paper. Turn the salmon once. Enjoy that sexy doree crust!