miércoles, 13 de abril de 2011

Let´s go to La Baja!!!

Beautiful Bugambilia that I found..which represents the classic colors of Mexico!

Hola my friends!

I just got back from a great weekend in one of the best kept secrets in Mexico. BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR, it is known as the pearl of Mexico and I will say of the world. Surrounded of crystal waters, colorful sunsets, beautiful inhabited beaches, and an immense diversity of marine life.
Espiritu Santo Island

I had the opportunity to take scuba diving lessons in this paradise a few years ago, in the rich waters of Espiritu Santo Island, which is a protected sanctuary where more than 500 species of fish and corals live, and most of them aren’t found anywhere else in the world but here.

Funny puffer fish caught by Jose
Its heaven, believe me, snorkeling and looking at a window of corals, swimming with sea lions along with me it made me feel so alive! Inexplicable! I feel that I must invite everybody to come and see how fantastic nature can be.    

My Family, some family friends and I landed in La Paz, where we had the chance to spend friday night at this magic town, where as my sister will say, you breathe the good energy and good vibe =). We went out to dinner to one of the best local restaurants, it is called Buffalo Grill; we were hosted by the chef Carlos Valdez, I have to tell you it was delicious!! I ordered the grilled octopus and seared tuna with ginger and everything was cooked to perfection. Talking to him he told me he started using the Sous- vide method. A technique that a lot of chefs are using now, it consists in cooking the food in sealed plastic bags in water at a low temperature for long time up to 2 days. The purpose of this is to maintain the true flavors of the ingredients. I am thinking of buying one of this new machines, they seem to be fantastic, but they are too expensive for me haha
beautiful beaches=)

Jose. A.K.A. Justin Biebber








The next day we headed over seas to a little adventure to Isla del Espiritu Santo where we got to see more than 300 flying manta- rays, an amazing view, but I was only worried to take the perfect picture to show you. Well I will let you enjoy my trip with my pic! And I promise to post my other recipe soon. See you latter my friends Besos=)   
Great piccture=)
Florentina, jose and I.. we are still missing two more!