miércoles, 6 de abril de 2011

Habanero and shrimp tostadas with cilantro dressing

Hello my friendssss… I’m posting my first recipe I hope you like it! try to do it and tell me what do you think…This is a very refreshing appetizer that I love to make; it is not spicy at all!! Don’t freak out because of the habanero!!! Hahahaha I pickled so all the spiciness gets lost in the limejuice.
I created these tostadas for a lunch that I had a few weeks ago for a group of businessmen from Mexico City, and off course they wanted try all the diversity of seafood that we have at the Mar de Cortez also know as the Golf of California.  I will let you enjoyyy!!=)

mmmm!!!!
Hands on!

6 - 8 servings

Ingredients:
6-8 Tostadas (fried corn tortillas)
Cilantro dressing
Pickled habanero
1lb (500g) Fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterfly
1 bunch, scallions chopped
1 ea cucumber, peeled, halved and seeded

Cilantro dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
4 garlic cloves
½ bunch, chopped cilantro
3 each, lime juice
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper (knorr suiza for the people in Mexico, its my secret ingredient)

Pickled Habanero:
4 ea Habaneros, very fine julienne
2 red onions, very fine julienne
10 each, Limejuice
Salt
Step by step
  1. First make the pickled habanero. In a sauce pot with hot water about a cup add the onions and the chili habanero and let it simmer for 3 to 5 min. Take out the onions and the habanero from the water with a spoon or with a chinoise and transfer them to a bowl. Add the limejuice, season with salt and pepper and let it sit at least for 1 hours.  If you are making pickled onions or “cebolla curtida” it’s the same process just without habanero. “Cebolla curtida” it’s a typical side for tacos or tortas in Mexico.
  2. Next make de cilantro dressing blending all the ingredients except the olive oil. Season well and at the end add the olive oil.
  3. In a bowl marinate the shrimp with the pickled habanero sauce for 15 min.
  4. When you are ready to serve, spread the cilantro dressing over the tostadas. Add the shrimp, and decorate with cucumber and scallions. And VOILAAA ENJOYY=)